Urgent, urg | Nursing homework help
Complete this document either in Word or manually (and scanned) and place in the appropriate drop-box before the start of class (ex. If your class begins at 12:00 pm, submit no later than 11:59—If your class meets on Monday and Tuesday, both documents are submitted simultaneously). Both WYSK documents should be submitted prior to the first synchronous class of the week This must be completed in its entirety to receive the allotted participation points. All of this information is found in the PowerPoint presentations and assigned readings. You must be prepared to discuss this information during the synchronous class session. Format your submission: LastnameFirstinitial_Class1_WYSK.doc or .pdf
Take time and prepare these notes carefully (use a different color for responses, for example). You are building a comprehensive study guide—you can build on these notes in class to supplement and enhance your learning.
Class 1 Week 1: What you should know
- What is the definition of time management and what is included in someone who optimizes their time management?
- What are the major symptoms related to poor time management?
- What are the three basic evaluation steps into planning so that reprioritization can occur?
- Identify 5 relevant interventions that can be taken to mitigate internal/external time-wasting activities?
- Identify daily planning actions that can be taken to maximize time management?
- Describe the priority setting in clinical settings where decisions need to be made for patient care (As in ATI)
- Name three ways nurses establish priorities in nursing practice (as in ATI)
- Define and describe Time Management as a cyclic process
What you should know 2
- Identify specific strategies for successful delegation
- What does the NPA (Nurse practice act) contain as the essential elements regarding delegation (as in ATI)
- Describe the 5 rights of delegation—name them and define them
- Provide an example of each of the 5 rights of delegation
- Describe the criteria for delegation to an unlicensed assisted personnel (UAP)
- Name 5 tasks that are generally considered appropriate for delegation to UAPs
- Describe the reasons nurses will under delegate tasks.
- Describe the situations in which nurses will over delegate tasks
- Draw the decision tree created by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) that is used to determine appropriate tasks for UAPs—(apply the example of obtaining a blood sugar value to this model to determine if that would be an appropriate task to delegate)
- Name the key differences between what roles and responsibilities exist for RNs and contrast that with those of LPNs